Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On School, Family, Oasis, The Rain, Manchester And More


Below are a number of quotes from Liam Gallagher from a article/interview from 'The Telegraph' you can read here (Sign Up Required).

I left with no qualifications, and the school got me a job in a garden centre, creosoting fences, a YTS thing. I was getting £50 a week. I'd finish at 3pm, midday on a Friday, so I'd walk past the school, waving my 50 quid at my mates.

I discovered I could sing by singing along to the Top 40 on the radio Then when I saw Roses live, I thought: "I could do that. I've got the look, I've got all the clothes, the haircut's intact, all I've got to do is stand in the front of the microphone and open my mouth - easy."

Three mates that I knew through playing football had a band called The Rain. I was thinking: "If I can get in there with them, and do my singing, I know for a fact that I can get our kid in."

My 16-year-old self imagined being in a band exactly as it is for me now. Music has never ever failed me once. It's everything I imagined it to be. Even when it was particularly bad with me and Noel at the end of Oasis, it was still better than digging holes.

I was the baby of the family - Noel's five years older than me, Paul's seven - but my mam treated us all the same. Burnage was a great place to grow up. It's not as moody as people make out.

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk

No comments